Counselling at ACT
- Just found out that you have HIV and wondering 'what now'?
- Living with HIV for a long time and afraid about getting older?
- Living with HIV and need some help and guidance navigating the health and social services?
- Concerned about your risks for HIV transmission?
- Worried about someone close to you who has HIV?
- Finding it difficult to cope?
Many people face the challenges of HIV head on. But sometimes, it can all get a bit overwhelming. That's where ACT can help.
Counselling is available to people living with HIV and those who are affected by it - friends, family, partners of those with HIV, and people concerned about their risks for HIV. Our counsellors can also provide those living with HIV help to access or navigate the health or social service system. We can meet with you at ACT, over the phone, or in other locations, such as coffee shops. Your confidentiality is our highest concern.
Couples counselling, grief/bereavement counselling, and counselling for a partner of someone with HIV, are all available. To book an appointment call 416-340-2437 or drop by ACT: a counsellor is available - without an appointment - on a first come first serve basis, Monday - Friday. See the schedule below for availability to drop in and speak with a counsellor.