Submit Site Search
Home  Programs & Services Income Tax Clinic

ACT Income Tax Clinic

ACT has qualified volunteer tax consultants to help people living with HIV complete their Income Tax Return. The service is free and confidential and is open to registered service users of ACT who earn up to $40,000 per year.

Due to COVID-19, our Tax Clinic has been suspended until further notice.  For those who are unable to file their own taxes online, ACT is working to provide a modified tax clinic for 2021. Please check back in January for updates.


CRA My Account

It is important for all tax payers to have a CRA My Account.   CRA My Account is a secure portal that lets you view your personal income tax and benefit information and manage your tax affairs online.

My Account is:

  • Convenient – It is available 21 hours a day, 7 days a week (see Hours of service).
  • Easy to use – After registering, simply log in with your CRA user ID and password.
  • Fast – Information is up-to-the-minute and transactions are processed immediately.
  • Secure – The CRA user ID and password are just part of the security.

Please visit  CRA My Account for full information.  



TurboTax & SimpleTax are two easy and secure apps to file your taxes online.  Approved by the CRA, these services are easy to use and can import most of your tax information directly from your CRA My Account.

TurboTax – Online Tax Service (English and French)

Services in English and French

SimpleTax - Online Tax Service (English Only)

Services in English Only



The CRA provides short information videos to help you get organized to file your taxes

CRA - Get Ready

Get prepared to do your taxes.

CRA - My Account

Learn all the benefits of registering a CRA My Account.

CRA - Records and Receipts

Information on keeping your records and receipts

CRA – Direct Deposit

Keep your Direct Deposit information up to date

CRA – Newcomers

Tax Information to assist newcomers to Canada

CRA – Mobile Applications

Access your information across multiple devices


CRA Hotline


Call the CRA to get your tax information.  The CRA also provides assistance with electronic services such as My Account & NETFILE Services.