Employment ACTion works with men, women, youth and newcomers to Canada who are living with HIV to find career solutions that best meet their individual needs.
Employment ACTion is the employment services program of ACT. It helps people living with HIV find career solutions that best suits their needs.
As the first program in Canada dedicated to assisting people living with HIV to (re)enter, remain and progress in the workforce, Employment ACTion has been providing innovative services and forging professional relationships to bridge the gap between job seekers and employers since 1999.
To be eligible for Employment ACTion’s program, you must:
- be a registered service user of ACT
- be at least 16 years old
- be an Ontario resident
- be legally entitles to work in Canada
- have ESL Canadian English Benchmark 6
- be on ODSP Income Supports
Intake and assessment with one of our Employment Consultants is required. This program is exclusively for men, women and youth living with HIV, and you must be on ODSP income supports.
Not on ODSP Income supports? Contact Employment Action for a referral to another employment agency.
Our team can help eligible job seekers access:
- career planning and assessments
- training opportunities in computer skills, English as a Second Language (ESL) and more
- resume and cover letter assistance
- interview coaching
- benefits and return-to-work counseling
- job search resources
- online learning, tools and resources
- placement supports